Hey everyone! I’ve come back from Midoricon 2014 and so ends my year of conventions. It was nice because it was around the area I grew up so my family got to come and see my table for the first time. I stayed with some friends in the yurt and had a blast camping and met some new artists that I hope stay with the Midoricon family. While there is some critique on the way certain things were setup, I already know the staff is working on fixing them so I won’t really bother to mention them as it won’t add to the conversation much. I think after this I’ve def learned some things and will be changing my table setup and tactics in the future.
Now it’s time to prep for next year’s convention season and I’m already going to get on this! I’ll make a general list of updates to happen in the future:
- Retiring some products (This includes some prints, etched glass, etc.) These will be on sale soon so that I can clear space.
- Updating my business card
- Putting out a demo and promos of my dating sim
- Re-evaluating what I offer as an artist and what customers are willing to buy
- Expanding my audience via Etsy, other larger projects, and more conventions
- Getting to the point of a 50/50 fan vs. original work
- Tabling by myself as what I offer has expanded and no longer seem to have room for another artist
I think these are all some feasible goals for the future. I also want to hear feedback from my fans so feel free to comment or message me with any suggestions or ideas or whatever! Thanks to everyone who made Midoricon a fun time!